GET AWAY. EXPLORE NATURE.
Have you planned your summer adventure yet? CCO has reserved permits for backpacking trips in multiple scenic locations near Grand County offering your family a personalized adventure, custom-tailored to your ability level. If you’re new to overnight hiking trips, Snow Mountain Ranch offers over 5,000 acres of on-site outdoor playground to explore while learning the ins-and-outs of backpacking. Pick a trip that caters to your skill level with 2-day excursions on the Snow Mountain Ranch property, 4-day backpacking trips in Rocky Mountain National Park, or 7-day trips in the Wind River Range of Wyoming.
- Each adventure is guided by one or two of our experienced staff members who will lead your group, facilitate fun games, cook food for your group, and ensure overall health and safety.
- Each trip is intended for one household. If you would like to go on a trip with another household that you know, contact us. The cost will decrease by $250 per family if there are 2 or more families on a trip.
- Each trip must have a legal guardian for participants under 18 years old.
- All food and equipment will be provided. However, if you’d prefer to use your own, you are welcome to bring camping equipment.
- Want to stay at Snow Mountain Ranch the night before and/or the night after your trip? Email us and we can arrange a discounted stay in a lodge room in addition to the cost of your trip!
- Scholarships are available for these adventures!
We are working on securing permits for 2021. The trips listed below are representative of future trips, however we have not updated for 2021. More information to come by April 1.
Below are links to dates and rates for each trip. These will be updated to show availability in real-time. If you don’t see a trip that works for your family due to available dates or trip difficulty, email us! We will work with you to help create a trip that fits the needs of your group.
If you are interested in a weekend adventure on YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch property for your family, click here.
If you are interested in a backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park for your family, click here.
If you are interested in a longer trip in the Flattops Wilderness of Colorado or Wind River Range of Wyoming, click here.
To be placed on an interest list, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name, age, and hiking experience of each person in your group.
We are excited to offer family programming and trips this summer and look forward to adventuring with you!
Our Diversity, Inclusion and Global Innovation Statement
The YMCA of the Rockies will reach out to and welcome all people and organizations of good will and ensure that the rich gifts of diversity are reflected and respected at all levels.
Our Commitment to All People:
We will serve a diverse population, inclusive of all people of good will. Reflecting our Christian Mission, we will be inclusive and welcoming of all people of good will. Our activities and facilities will be inclusive, accessible, and available to the diverse worldwide community we serve.
Mission: YMCA of the Rockies puts Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our goal is to offer challenging experiences to build leaders through life-long skill development in a safe, imaginative, natural setting. We instill confidence through independence and interpersonal skills. We challenge our campers to discover their true selves.
CARING | HONESTY | RESPECT | RESPONSIBILITY | FAITH